This is the first project that I did for the Paper Temptress Design Team. I would like to start by saying Thank You to Patricia for this wonderful opportunity to be a part of a such a talented group and be able to be able to work with beautiful papers. Now on with my first project. I choose to create a simple yet elegant thank you card.
- Mountain Rose Glimmer from Paper Temptress
- Plain White Cardstock
- Memento Ink Angel Pink
- Memento Ink Rosebud
- Cuttlebug Folder "Stylized Flowers"
- Pink Rhinestones
- Pink Satin Ribbon ⅛" wide
- Stamps are from Stampin' Up
- Scoring Board
How I made it:
- I cut the card base out of white cardstock 6"x 9"
- I then scored the cardstock at 2¼" and at 6¾” to form the gate fold card
- I cut 2 pieces of the Mountain Rose Glimmer cardstock 5⅞"x 2¼"
- Using the Stylized Flowers Cuttlebug folder I embossed the Mountain Rose Glimmer cardstock and then I attached them to the 2 side panels of the front of the gate fold card
- I cut white cardstock at 2"x 2" and 2½”x 2½”
- I stamped the flower image in Angel Pink and Rosebud stamp pad on the 2"x 2" and then mounted it on a piece of Mountain Rose Glimmer cardstock cut at 2¼" x and 2¼" and then mounted on the 2½”x 2½” white cardstock
- I added adhesive to the left side of the matted image and attached to the left side flap of the gate fold card
- I cut white cardstock at 2" x 1" and 2½”x 1½”
- I stamped the sentiment stamp on the white cardstock 2" x 1" and then cut a piece of Mountain Rose Glimmer cardstock to mount the stamped sentiment on and then added the layers to the white cardstock 2½”x 1½”
- I added adhesive to the right side of the matted sentiment and then attached to the right flap of the gate fold card
- I cut a piece of Mountain Rose Glimmer cardstock at 4⅜" x 5⅞” and attached to the inside of the card
- I cut white cardstock at 3½”x 3” and the stamped sentiment in Rosebud stamp pad and then attached to the inside of the gate fold card
- I added a small bow to the front of the card and a rhinestone to the center of the flower for a little bling to match the shimmer of the paper.
I hope that you are able to see the beautiful shimmer of the paper. The detail from the embossing folder is enhanced the Mountain Rose Glimmer cardstock. It would be a versatile cardstock to use for so many projects.
Until next time...happy paper crafting!