Saturday, November 19, 2011

May Your Christmas Sparkle--Heartfelt Creations

This is my newest creation for Heartfelt Creations.  I love any opportunity to add a little glitz to a project.  Be sure to stop by Heartfelt Creations blog and check out all the new project samples from the very talented design team.  Look below for details on how this card was created.


Detail View of Poinsettia


Other:  Memento Ink Pad Tuxedo Black, Versamark Ink Pad, Ivory Card Stock, Red Card Stock, Stamp and Bond, Glitter: Red, Crystal, Green, Green Gemstone, Big Shot, Heat Tool, Bow Easy, ⅛” wide Organza Ribbon, Quickie Glue Pen, Zots, Pop Dots, Copic Markers: YR68, Y35, G28, E50, R29

Cut ivory card stock at 8”x 10¾”, score at 5⅜” to form card base.  Cut red card stock at 7⅞” x 5¼”.  Stamp the two smallest poinsettias on the red card stock with the Versamark stamp pad randomly.  Add Stamp and Bond to the stamped images and heat set and then add red glitter.  Make a bow with the ⅛” wide organza ribbon.  I used the bow easy to make the bow.  Then add the bow to the stamped and glittered mat and then add to card base.  Stamp the candle image on ivory card stock with Tuxedo Black ink.  I also stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment in black ink under the candle image.  I colored the candle image with Copic markers.  I add details to the colored image with the Quickie Glue pen and glitter.  I used Crystal glitter on the top of the candle and the green glitter to the holly leaves.   Then using the largest die from Labels 8 cut out stamped and colored image and added it to the card front.  Using a scrap piece of red card stock I stamped four of the smallest poinsettia and two of the largest poinsettia with the Versamark ink pad.  I added Stamp and Bond to the stamped images and then heat set and then added red glitter.  I then cut out the poinsettia with the Spellbinders dies.  Layer the poinsettia together using Zots.  I added them to the poinsettia image on the card front with Pop Dots.  I added a small green rhinestone to the center of the larger poinsettia.

1 comment: